Every day, your body is exposed to a multitude of toxins, from alcohol, coffee, refined and processed foods, polluted air, chemicals we apply to our skin, and even the invisible pesticides and herbicides on our unwashed fruit and vegetables. The list is actually endless. A healthy, active liver will recognise, filter and remove toxins from your body.
- Feel tired and lethargic all the time?
- Have difficulty losing weight?
- Experience poor immunity?
- Suffer with poor skin health?
- Experience symptoms of a sluggish metabolism including feelings of bloating, flatulence and nausea?
- Have elevated cholesterol levels?
- Experience severity of PMS and Menopausal symptoms?
- Experience unstable blood sugar levels?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, then it is time to give this vital organ a helping hand!
Your liver is also important for:
- The metabolism of carbohydrates and assistingwithmaintaininghealthy blood sugar levels
- The metabolism of fats, the manufacture of cholesterol and its subsequent breakdown into bile salts
- Supporting a healthy immune system. The liver filters micro-organisms from the blood including bacteria, fungi, and viruses
- Supporting healthy weight, as the liver is the body's fat burning organ
However when the liver is not firing on all cylinders it might need a helping hand by way of some proven liver tonics including:
MILK THISTLE: traditionally used to support liver and gall bladder function. Silymarin, a substance found in the seeds, exerts a highly protective effect on the liver, helping to support its function as well as preventing damage from toxic substances such as alcohol and environmental pollutants. The herb contains bitter ingredients, responsible for its action as a digestive tonic. This helps to stimulate the flow of bile from the liver and gall bladder. Bile is essential fordigestingfatty foods.
GLOBE ARTICHOKE: the prickly Mediterranean vegetable plant you are all familiar with, benefits the liver by protecting against toxins and infection. This bitter herb helps improve digestion by stimulating bile flow from the liver making it useful for the treatment of gall bladder problems, chronic constipation and fatty liver. It al so helps alleviate symptoms of indig estion, nausea, bloating and helps lower milld blood cholesterol levels.
SCHISANDRA: contains lignans which have liver protective actions as well as antioxidant properties helping to protect the liver a gainst damage and helping regenerate damaged liver tissue, proving beneficial in the treatment of hepatitis and poor liver function. Schisandra has been used in traditional Chinese Medicine for over 2000 years as an overall tonic and restorative. The berries tone the kidneys and sexual organs, strengthen the nervous system and cleanse the blood, proving beneficial for herbalists treating skin conditions such as eczema.
TAURINE: an amino acid needed by the liver for removing toxic chemicals from the body and assisting with the elimination of waste. Taurine is a major constituent of bile and helps with maintaining healthy digestion. Inadequate levels of taurine are common in patients with chemical sensitivities and allergies.
ANTIOXIDANTS: destroy fre e radicals and help top otect the cells of the body from toxins. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant vitamin for the liver and helps to reduce toxic damage to the liver cells from chemical overload. Selenium supports cellular health and healthy immunity.
How to Give Your Liver a Helping Hand
- Start your day with a squeeze of lemon juice in water to supercharge your liver and aid digestive secretions
- Eat fresh pineapple or papaya after main meals. These fruits s upply digestive enzymes to naturally help improve digestion
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of lecithin granules on breakfast cereal, stir into yoghurt with fruit or in smoothies. Lecithin aids the digestion and absorption of fats
- Take a daily liver for mula.
NutriVital Premium Liver Support is an ideal supplement to assist in your liver's health. NutriVital Premium Liver Support contains milk thistle, schisandra and selenium to support normal healthy liver function. Also contains Cynara scolymus (globe artichoke) traditionally used in herbal medicine to maintain healthy liver function, and the antioxidants taurine and ascorbic acid which may assist in protecting the body from the damaging effects of free radicals. These herbs also may help assist with sluggish digestion. Contains a therapeutic dose of St Mary’s thistle a well known liver tonic and potent antioxidant beneficial for the health of the liver and for managing digestive complaints.
NutriVital Premium Liver Support 60t is on special until the end of January 2017.